At Anchor Holistic Health in Farmington, our experienced chiropractors can diagnose and treat carpal tunnel to help patients avoid surgery or prescription medications. However, we also serve as a last resort for relief for those who haven’t had luck with traditional medical approaches.
Common Causes of Carpal Tunnel
This condition is the result of excessive pressure on a narrow median nerve (known as the carpal tunnel), which runs between the forearm, wrist, and sides of the hands. The primary source of this condition is making repetitive grasping movements with the hands on a frequent basis. This is why it’s common among office workers, routine computer users, and athletes. Other sources include:
- Joint Bone Diseases
- Wrist Fractures and Dislocations
- Hand or Wrist Deformities
- Older Age
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
The signs of carpal tunnel may gradually crop up with symptoms of wrist pain, tingling, and numbness. Many sufferers try to shake their hands out for temporary relief, but the discomfort can gradually increase over time to the point of hand weakness, constant numbness and tingling, and wrist pain.
Chiropractic Options for Effective Carpal Tunnel Treatment
Chiropractors have the skills and knowledge to treat more than spinal issues. Essentially, they can address issues for almost any joint in the body, including the arms, wrists, and hands. After an examination, our chiropractor will create a personalized carpal tunnel treatment.
The therapy will be designed to address any underlying cause of the problem, rather than temporarily mask discomfort with drugs. Some of our chiropractic modalities for carpal tunnel include:
- Spinal Manipulation: Misalignments of the spinal vertebrae can often be the source of carpal tunnel symptoms in the hand, wrist, and arms. Our Farmington, MI chiropractor can perform adjustments of the spine to relieve wrist pain, tingling, and other symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Soft Tissue Therapy: If trigger points in the muscles often contribute to symptoms, soft tissue therapy can help release hardened muscles that cause carpal tunnel symptoms.
- Arm & Wrist Manipulation: Should spinal alignment issues not be the primary source of pain, we can perform adjustments on the arms or wrists to alleviate pressure on the median nerve.
- Therapeutic Stretches and Exercises: We can offer you advice about lifestyle changes to minimize the discomfort of carpal tunnel syndrome. You may be advised to do certain exercises and stretches of the limbs to relieve the condition.
Get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Relief at Anchor Holistic Health
At Anchor Holistic Health, we are committed to helping you and your whole family live a pain-free life without needing prescriptions or surgery. We have carpal tunnel treatment options for patients of all ages. Schedule an appointment online with our chiropractors in Farmington or contact us at (248) 471-1250 today.