Anchor Holistic Health Is Your Farmington Resource for Breast Thermography
If you are concerned about your breast cancer risk, and don’t want to expose yourself to the risks of mammograms, then we have a pain free, non-invasive alternative method of checking on your breast health. Visit us Anchor Holistic Health for health services that go beyond the spine. While chiropractic care and massage is the place to start for a foundation of strength and vitality, we also have resources available for full body care. We serve the communities in and around Livonia and Farmington.
What Is Breast Thermography?
Thermography is the science of monitoring physiology of the breast by detecting heat changes in an area with a Digital Infrared Imaging Camera. When it comes to the human body and the breasts, in particular, this can be highly informative because increased heat areas indicate increased blood circulation to a specific area which can be a symptom of abnormal cell growth. Thermography is based on the scientific premise that before the growth of abnormal cells can occur, an increased blood supply must be circulated to the growth area. This method is effective in detecting suspicious tissues before they even have a chance to grow to traceable levels on a Mammogram. Breast Thermography can find cancerous cells at the precancerous stage as compared to Mammography that is looking for a mass that can take years to form in order to see it.
When it comes to any form of cancer, early detection saves lives. The longer suspicious tissues are neglected, the more risk of tumors to grow and form. Thermography allows medical professionals to detect where cancer is likely to grow in the future, allowing for a more pro-active approach to breast health.
What Can We Do with the Information?
Information is power. By detecting a tumor or changes in radiated heat, that has yet to reach a certain size or pattern, preventative means can be implemented far before they may have otherwise been if a person was to rely on tactile screenings like mammograms alone. Women who want to have early testing due to a family history or other reasons can find peace of mind and information with this diagnostic tool. Women who have trouble with mammograms due to the fibroid or other health concerns can use this as an extra level of detection, and it can be used on younger women to compare when the time does come for regular breast cancer screenings as an initial baseline.
If an anomaly is detected, don’t worry. It does not automatically mean cancer. It means that the body is sending more blood to a particular area. It may mean precancerous cells and it may mean other things. No matter the final result, the sooner the suspicious tissues are detected, the sooner you can make lifestyle changes to improve your health. Thermography has been FDA approved since 1982 as an Adjunctive breast monitoring method.
Contact Us for Your Next Check Up and Ask about Breast Thermography
Call us at Anchor Holistic Health to set up a consultation, and to find out more about Breast Thermography. We offer Infrared Digital Thermography to the people of Livonia, Farmington and the surrounding areas. Call today to find out the difference that whole body care with a chiropractor can make on your health and wellness. Our number is (248) 471-1250.
A Safe – Breast Health Assessment Tool – $145.00
Breast Thermography, at Anchor Holistic Health, in Farmington Mi is a breakthrough imaging procedure where infrared images of the breast are analyzed & rated for heat pattern variances. This tool helps assess the risk of developing breast cancer.
Medical thermography has been in use since the early 1957, and the modality was approved by the FDA in 1982. The timing is right – the American Cancer Society reports there has been a 178% increase in breast cancer since 1969. Yet survival rates remain unchanged for that same time period.
The best hope for improved breast cancer treatment outcomes lies in knowing about early warning signs!
Thermography, at Anchor Holistic Health in Farmington, is an early detection, non-invasive, safe and painless. No radiation or compression used. Safe with implants!
Structural tests, such as mammograms and ultrasound rely on finding physical lesions (anatomy), while breast thermography detects asymmetrical blood vessel circulation (physiology) within the breast.
Thermography is based on the scientific premise that before the growth of abnormal cells occur, an increased blood supply (also more heat) must be circulated to the growth area.
Early detection is important, but prevention is the key! With easy access at Anchor Holistic Health in Farmington, MI.
- Our scans are read by Thermogram Assessment Services.LLC.:EB Jay, Certified Theologist.
- Effective for breasts of all sizes
Who should have Breast Thermography testing?
- Women who want to take a proactive approach to their health find great value in the additional information provided by Breast Thermography.
- Women who have had inconclusive mammograms or physical breast examinations find that Breast Thermography can help to clarify these tests, thus enabling women to better manage their breast health.
- Women with dense or fibrocystic breasts, where mammography is of little value, will benefit from thermographic monitoring.
- Young women – Breast Thermography can be safely performed on young or pregnant women.
- In addition, early breast exams can provide a valuable baseline from which to measure future breast health and potential risk factors.
An indispensable method of breast assessment and breast cancer risk evaluation.
Breast Thermography is not reimbursable by insurance. However, You may utilize your Health Reimbursement Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Accounts for payment.
For more information or to schedule your Breast Thermography appointment in Farmington, Mi at Anchor Holistic Health, with Dr. Foxworthy, Call (248) 471-1250.
What is Breast Thermography?
Breast Thermography is a breakthrough imaging procedure where infrared images of the breast are analyzed and rated to determine the risk of developing breast cancer. Thermography is non-invasive, safe and painless no radiation or compression is used.
The infrared imaging process allows you to see the range and amount of heat or thermal energy emitted from the body. Structural tests, such as mammograms and ultrasound rely on finding physical lesions (anatomy), while breast thermography detects asymmetrical blood vessel circulation (physiology) within the breast.
Thermography is based on the scientific premise that before the growth of abnormal cells can occur, an increased blood supply must be circulated to the growth area. By carefully examining changes in the temperature and blood vessels of the breast, signs of possible cancer or pre-cancerous cell growth may be detected up to 10 years prior to being discovered using any other procedure. This provides for the earliest possible detection of pre-cancerous and cancerous conditions.
Breast Thermography is a front line test for early detection and could be life-saving.
Breast Thermography has the ability to detect asymmetrical blood vessel circulation in cancerous as well as pre-cancerous tissues.
Women with dense or fibrocystic breasts or who have had inconclusive mammograms or physical breast examinations find that Breast Thermography can help to clarify these tests.
The Thermography Procedure
The procedure is completely non-invasive, pain-free and is performed by a female technician.
The patient is placed in a private temperature-controlled room, with a curtained wall. There is a 15 minute temperature acclimation period at which time you will disrobe from the waist up. Once acclimated, you will stand in front of the infrared camera while images are taken from different angles.
The imaging process takes less than 5 minutes and you will receive a copy of your results within 10 days. Scans are read by Thermogram Assessment Services, LLC.; E.B. Jay, Certified Thermologist.
Is Your Current Screening Providing Early Enough Detection?
ATYPICAL PRE-CANCEROUS CELLS
The following chart shows the average growth rate of a breast cancer tumor:
Thermography can warn at this stage
90 days Pre-cancerous cells
(Cancer cells double in number on average every 90 days)
1 year 16 cells
2 years 256 cells
3 years 4,096 cells
4 years 65,536 cells
5 years 1,048,576 cells
6 years 16,777,216 cells
7 years 268,435,456 cells
8 years 4,294,967,296 cells
(doubled 32 times)
Most cancers are detected by mammography at this point—when the diameter of the tumor is about 1cm (about the size of a dime) and contains over 4 billion cells.
It takes 8-10 years for a dime-sized tumor to grow. Digital Infrared Imaging can be the first signal that such a possibility is developing.
Breast Thermography Protocol
To insure accurate images, these guidlines must be followed before the thermographic screenings:
- Avoid using creams or other topical products on the breasts and any underarm antiperspirants or deoderants.
- Avoid exertion (i.e., exercise), hot tubs and saunas for at least four (4) hours prior to your appointment.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol,nicotine gums and patches, and tabacco products; no smoking at least six (6) hours prior to your appointment.
- Avoid any stimulation to the breast a day prior to your appointment. If you are nursing, do so at least one (1) hour before your appointment.
- Avoid sun exposure to the breasts at least five (5) days prior to the thermographic appointment.
- If any bodily areas included in the image are to be shaved, this should be done the evening before the exam or at least four (4) hours prior to the examination.
- If not contraindicated by your doctor, asprin, pain medications, vasodilators/constricors and/or other similar medications should be avoided for 24 hours prior to the test. You must consult with your doctor before changing the use of any medications.
- No physical therapy, EMS, TENS, ultrasound treatment, acupuncture, chiropractic, physical stimulation, hot or cold pack use for 24 hours before the exam.
- The best appointment time within the menses cycle is Day 14 to menses.
- If bathing, it must be no closer than one (1) hour before the exam.
If you have any questions, please call 248-471-1250.