Back pain is one of the most common ailments that people experience. Difficulty finding relief from back pain often leads to doctor visits. At Anchor Holistic Health in Farmington, MI, we understand the frustration of living with chronic back pain and are dedicated to providing effective, non-invasive treatments with our chiropractic professionals.
What Causes Back Pain?
Our chiropractic professionals can determine the causes of back pain through imaging tests or a physical examination. Common causes of back pain include pinched nerves, herniated discs, muscle strain, poor posture, or an injury from a fall. Other conditions that may contribute to your symptoms include:
- Arthritis: This is typically an age-related condition where the cartilage between joints wears down, leading to joint pain and inflammation.
- Sciatica: Someone can get sciatica when the sciatic nerve becomes compressed. It is typically caused by a herniated disc or spinal stenosis, which usually occurs when the spine begins to age.
- Osteoporosis: This condition causes the bones to become brittle, increasing the risk of fractures and back pain. Senior citizens often experience this condition because of age-related bone loss.
More people than ever before have back-related issues due to the work-at-home environment and inactivity. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is also recommended, which can help reduce the risk of developing back pain. At Anchor Holistic Health, we work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan specifically tailored to your needs.
Considering Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
Unfortunately, too many people become addicted to pain medications because of back pain. However, medications may only relieve the symptoms and not the underlying cause. Our Farmington chiropractor can provide a safe and effective alternative for finding relief from chronic back pain without relying on medication or painful surgery.
Chiropractic care gently manipulates the spine to reduce inflammation and improve overall function. To reduce back pain, hot and cold packs may be beneficial. Additionally, chiropractors may suggest electrical stimulation treatments or give you exercises to do in the comfort of your home. Changing your diet and becoming more active is always beneficial as well.
Symptoms of back pain can include any of the following:
- Pain in the lower or mid-back when sitting, standing, or walking
- Stinging or burning sensations
- Difficulty standing up straight
- Muscle spasms or tightness
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to seek help right away. If left untreated, back pain can become worse.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractors in Farmington
Is back pain taking over your life, and you’re finding it difficult to complete daily tasks? Don’t suffer in silence any longer. Call Anchor Holistic Health today at (248) 471-1250 to schedule an appointment with our chiropractic team.